For AUSKF membership registration, member federations have the choice of
using the spreadsheet-based system (similar to
or having their individual members use the online registration system (see
2018 membership instructions).
For both methods, the annual membership drive deadline is 3/31/2018.
To use spreadsheet-based registration, we request that you carefully follow the
detailed instructions in the sections below.
If you have any questions, please email
- For the annual membership drive
(for 2018 membership that runs from 4/1/2018 through 3/31/2019):
see detailed Membership Drive Spreadsheet Registration
- Create your federation's initial spreadsheet using 2017 membership
- Add "4/1/2018" under "registration day" to register a member;
enter "Y" under "college student" to indicate full time student
- Submit the completed password-protected spreadsheet by
the annual membership drive deadline
- To register members after the annual membership drive deadline,
see supplemental registration notes below
Membership Drive Spreadsheet Registration
Step 1: Create your federation's initial spreadsheet
The instructions below assume familiarity with using admin privileges in the
online membership database.
If you would like AUSKF to create your initial spreadsheet, please email
- Use the 2018 annual form (2018_annual.xlsx),
which contains 2 tabs:
- "2017" tab: contains empty rows for entering your roster of
last year's members
- "2018" tab: contains empty rows for this year's
registration (see step 2)
- Using federation admin privileges, download the membership export file
for your federation
- Open the Admin menu
- Choose "Federation List" from the "Federation admin" drop-down
- Click on your federation name
- Click on "Membership Export File" at the top of the page
- Save the export file
- In Microsoft Excel (or compatible spreadsheet application)
- Open the export file
- Filter on "Registration Date" between 4/1/2017 and 3/31/2018 and
sort by "Dojo". Additional sorting within a dojo could include by
ID Number or name.
- Open the annual form
- Cut and paste data for members from the export file to the annual form.
Since the column order is different in the two files,
this will need to be done in several pieces.
Step 2: Fill out the spreadsheet
Here are the instructions for entering your federation's registration for 2018.
- Enter your membership data in the "2018" tab
- For returning 2017 members as well as new members, enter
ID Number, Last Name, First Name, Birthdate, Gender, Federation, and
- leave the ID Number blank for a new member who has never received an ID
Number in the past
- Enter "4/1/2018" under "Registration Day" (column B) to register
- Enter "Y" under "college student" (column G) to indicate the member
is 18&over and a full time student
- Do not try to alter the autofill section
(highlighted in orange).
Its formulas automatically calculate the fee for each member.
The spreadsheet is protected to keep the autofill section intact.
If you are pasting from another sheet, you will need to do it in two
pieces, for the columns to the left and right of the autofill section.
- If a member does not have an ID number (column C is blank), autofill
will add the $10 initiation fee
- Special notes:
- Highlight a cell green to indicate a
request to change the AUSKF database, for example
a new last name or a dojo change within your federation.
(Note: If someone has moved out of your federation, DO NOT provide
information about that person in the "2018" tab.)
- Rank information is omitted from this form, since it is handled by a
- Compare your spreadsheet entries against a downloaded export file
(see step 1 above) and correct data as necessary, for example name
spelling, date of birth, gender, etc.
- It is especially important that the dojo name matches the official
spelling and punctuation already established in the AUSKF membership
database; otherwise a new dojo will be created.
Step 3: Submit the completed spreadsheet on or before
the annual membership drive deadline
- Password-protect your spreadsheet using the same password as in 2017
- Rename the file to "fed_2018_annual.xlsx", where "fed" is the abbreviation
for your federation
- Upload the file to your federation's DropBox folder
that the spreadsheet is ready
- Mail your membership check to Keiko Umemura, the AUSKF treasurer
(who is automatically copied on emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mail one federation check made payable to
All United States Kendo Federation
- See the AUSKF
membership announcement letter
for Umemura sensei's contact information
For membership registration after the deadline of 4/1/2018:
- Use the
2018 supplemental form
and follow the instructions in step 2 above, except
- In the "Registration Date" column, instead of "4/1/2018", use the date
of your supplemental registration submission,
for example "7/15/2018" for registration submitted July 15th, 2018.
- Rename the file to "fed_2018mmdd_supplemental.xlsx", where "fed" is
the abbreviation for your federation and "2018mmdd" is the submission
date, for example "20180715"
- Membership registration files will be imported into the online database
between the 7th and 15th of the month following submission, provided
the membership fees have been received by AUSKF.
- Alternatively, you can let individuals register
online after completing
for your federation.
Page update history
- 2/28/18: initial release
- 3/01/18: add link at top to 2018 membership instructions
- 4/10/18: add hint for pasting around the autofill section
- 5/25/18: update step 2 special notes; add import schedule to supplemental
Copyright 2018 All United States Kendo Federation. All Rights Reserved.
Site Disclaimer: This website is posted as a service to the All United States Kendo Federation. Information
on this website is posted from many different sources and every effort is made to post accurate information.
Errors may occur and users use this site without warranties of any
sort implied and at their own risk.